My husbands one request for his birthday was Tiramisu. I have made many variations of it but never the traditional,so I I looked all over for a recipe that did not contain raw eggs because I am a bit paranoid about that and wouldn't you know the best one I found was on the package of Alessi Ladyfingers! Anyway, I will post the recipe I made with a few changes and some notes that helped me. I seperated it into 4 sections with the ingredients for each part. I must say I don't really like Tiramisu but I liked this one a lot!!!
PART 1
Zabaglione:
5 egg yolks, from large grade eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup dry marsala
In the top part of a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar together until the mixture is pale yellow
in color. (use a hand mixer)
In the bottom part of the double boiler, bring water to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
Place egg yolk mixture over water and gradually add Marsala, beating continously. (I just ussed a whisk)
Scrape bottom and sides of pan occasionally and cook 6 to 10 minutes or until soft mounds can be formed.
Transfer to bowl, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
PART 2
After 30 minutes, you need these ingredients to make the rest of the filling:
1 cup whipping cream , chilled
1 lb mascarpone cheese
Using hand mixer or stand mixer, Whip cream with 2 Tbsp. of sugar until soft peaks form.
Fold in Mascarpone and Zabaglione and combine until well blended. (do not over mix, it will get grainy)
Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
PART 3
Ingredients:
2 cups expresso or strong coffee
1 tbsp vanilla
2 tbsp
While the filling is refrigerating brew expresso and mix with sugar and vanilla. (it will be cool when the filling is done chilling)
PART 4
Lets put it all together!!
24 Alessi Savoiardi Ladyfingers- 2 packages(if you can't find these make sure you buy the hard ones
not the spongy ones)
Cocoa powder(I used Hershey's unsweetened )
Dip each ladyfinger in the expresso mixture and lay on the bottom of a 9 by 13 dish
(I dipped quickly, it only takes a second for the cookie to absorb the expresso)
When the bottom of the dish is covered with cookies, spread 1/2 of the filling on top and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Repeat ending in cocoa.

No comments:
Post a Comment