So I am always trying to come up with stuff to make for dinner, I am getting
tired of just rotating old standbys. So I decided to try something new. My husband
loves chicken pot pie and I have never made one from "scratch", so I decided I would finally give it a try. I found a great recipe from Jenny over at the Picky Palate. I liked her recipe a lot but like to change things around a bit to suit my own taste. I will post my recipe version but if you want to see the original here is a link:http://picky-palate.com/2009/08/24/poppin-garlic-ranch-biscuit-topped-chicken-pot-pie/.
(I forgot to take a picture but next time I make it I will add it on)
(I forgot to take a picture but next time I make it I will add it on)
1 rotisserie chicken (shred the breast meat)
1 packet of ranch salad dressing seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
2 10 oz cans of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of broth
1 cup of milk
2 cups of frozen Orida hash brown potatoes (the cubed ones)
2 cups frozen peas and carrots mix
1 cup frozen onion
2 cups frozen green beans
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1 6ct can of Pillsbury homestyle buttermilk biscuits
Garlic salt to taste
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the shredded chicken with the ranch seasoning,
salt and pepper.
-In a large mouthed pan mix the cans of soup, broth and milk until combined. Next
mix in the veggies and chicken until combined.
-Pour the mixture in a 9x13 baker that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
-Open the biscuits and cut in half and then cut each half into 5 small triangles. Place
them over the top of the chicken mixture covering it.
-Sprinkle garlic salt and shredded cheddar over the biscuits.
-Cook 45 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through. Check halfway through cooking
to make sure the biscuits are not browning to much, if they are cover with foil.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
-Cook 45 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through. Check halfway through cooking
to make sure the biscuits are not browning to much, if they are cover with foil.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment